Episode 43: Emotional Eating: Why You Need to Feel ALL Your Feelings
Are you selective about what you let yourself feel? I’m talking about your emotions.
Sad, happy, worried, angry or lonely. The good and the bad.
Do you distract yourself from an uncomfortable feeling by eating? When you do that, you avoid a feeling and add some extra pounds to your body.
Join me today in this coaching session and you’ll learn:
- What a feeling is and how it’s created.
- What your thoughts have to do with your feelings.
- Why you may have learned to avoid any negative emotion.
- And speaking of painful emotions, are they clean pain from the nature of being alive? Or are they feelings made much worse by the stories you tell yourself?
- It’s important to allow yourself to feel the natural, unavoidable pain of being alive. Here’s why.
- Do you know what happens when you avoid your negative feelings?
- And, what happens when you allow yourself to feel everything?
- And finally, how to do it. How to feel everything and survive.
Managing your emotional life is a sign of being an adult. You can do this. And when you learn to do this, there is nothing to run from, and you will lose the drive to eat when you aren’t hungry.
I will see you in the session!
Make sure you get your FREE gift, 5 Big Reasons Weight Loss is SO Hard here: https://weightlossmadereal.com/gifts
Weight Loss Made Real Free Facebook Group
Join my free Facebook group where we will talk about and learn the concepts taught on my podcasts on a deeper level. Join the group here.
The Freedom Group – Here’s How You Can Work With Me!
Do you struggle to lose weight or stop eating emotionally? If you do, click here to learn how The Freedom Group can help.
The Freedom Group is a comprehensive, structured coaching program with me as your coach and a group of like-minded women who will help you reach your goals. We use my unique EAT, THINK, LOVE program to help you lose weight, change how you eat, and lose the whole problem!
Enrollment will open soon, so get on the waiting list and be the first to know when we’re accepting new members. This is a monthly membership and you can stay as long as you wish. I’d love to work with you in the Freedom Group.
Podcast Study Guide
The Weight Loss Made Real Podcast Study Guide was created to support you on your weight loss journey. If you enjoy my podcast and want help taking what you hear and putting it into real life action, you’ll love this workbook!
Collection 1 is all about Episodes 1 – 52, and it contains these great features:
- Easy-to-read summaries of all the main, most important concepts from each podcast episode.
- Room for you to take notes that are relevant to you and your life, right there alongside the summary notes.
- A direct link to each episode for your reference and so you can easily listen while you read the summaries.
- An action step for each episode, plus links to additional resources mentioned are embedded right into the notes so you can easily access them, if desired… and much more!
I always welcome your letters. You may email me with questions and suggestions for podcasts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, I’d so appreciate it if you would leave me an honest rating and review on Apple Podcasts at https://realweightlossrealwomen.com/itunes. It will help the show and its ranking in Apple Podcasts a lot!
Here's how to rate and review on Apple Podcasts: https://realweightlossrealwomen.com/rate. Thank you and enjoy the show!