Out in the real world, women who lose weight from dieting will regain their lost weight 96% of the time.
This can be a pretty depressing statistic and it might feel demotivating to think about. But you don’t have to be in that 96%. Today we’re going to talk about what could be going wrong that might cause you to regain the weight you’ve lost. And 5 ways to not regain that lost weight.
In my way of thinking about weight loss and maintenance, there are 5 things you can do to lose weight and not gain it back. You want that weight to be gone, out of your life and off your body. And this is possible. You can learn to be the exception.
And, as we go through these 5 things you can do to prevent regaining any lost weight, I know that you might be thinking that you can’t lose the weight, let alone maintain it.
No worries. For some of us, we can’t seem to get to first based with weight loss. Take some time to listen to a few of my early episodes about how to start losing weight. Or get my free gift to help you stop overeating. Then link is below.
For today, I hope you take one of these strategies to become one of the minority weight loss success stories and take a few minutes to write down how you will practice it.
Your first step could easily be to see which one of these mistakes you frequently make.
- Do you focus on weight loss from the outside in?
- Do you put all the emphasis on your body to the exclusion of your mind?
- Maybe you have been thinking that extreme willpower is the answer?
- Or you’ve been approaching weight loss via. desperation and self-hatred?
- And finally, if you’ve been telling yourself that you really want to achieve a true change of identity into a natural eater but secretly you think that you are the exception, then your beliefs are a good starting point for you.
Join me. I want you to be able to lose weight for good, and then keep it off, also for good. Let’s defy all the odds!