Episode 182: Why You Try to Control Things and How to Stop!
When things are uncertain, we will do almost anything to create more certainty.
Right now, we are in flux in so many areas and it’s natural that you want to know what is happening.
Whether it’s the virus, or the state of our nation in the US, other people’s actions or your own… so much is going on. In weight loss, we try to control what we do, thinking it will help us get what we want.
Here’s what we will cover today:
- What does being in control feel like?
- Why do you and everyone else strive to be in control?
- Where this shows up in your life.
- How you might be doing it, trying to control all kinds of things.
- And how that works… or doesn’t!
I’m going to give you a new way of looking at control and give you some new ways to think about it.
I’ll also show you how you can be in charge of yourself and what you can control, without holding on for dear life and feeling stressed and pressured all the time.
Free GiftMake sure you get your FREE gift, 5 Big Reasons Weight Loss is SO Hard here: https://weightlossmadereal.com/gifts
Weight Loss Made Real Free Facebook GroupJoin my free Facebook group where we will talk about and learn the concepts taught on my podcasts on a deeper level. Join the group here.
The Freedom Group – Here’s How You Can Work With Me!Do you struggle to lose weight or stop eating emotionally? If you do, click here to learn how The Freedom Group can help. The Freedom Group is a comprehensive, structured coaching program with me as your coach and a group of like-minded women who will help you reach your goals. We use my unique EAT, THINK, LOVE program to help you lose weight, change how you eat, and lose the whole problem! Enrollment will open soon, so get on the waiting list and be the first to know when we’re accepting new members. This is a monthly membership and you can stay as long as you wish. I’d love to work with you in the Freedom Group.
Podcast Study GuideThe Weight Loss Made Real Podcast Study Guide was created to support you on your weight loss journey. If you enjoy my podcast and want help taking what you hear and putting it into real life action, you’ll love this workbook! Collection 1 is all about Episodes 1 – 52, and it contains these great features:
- Easy-to-read summaries of all the main, most important concepts from each podcast episode.
- Room for you to take notes that are relevant to you and your life, right there alongside the summary notes.
- A direct link to each episode for your reference and so you can easily listen while you read the summaries.
- An action step for each episode, plus links to additional resources mentioned are embedded right into the notes so you can easily access them, if desired… and much more!