Episode 176: Why Comfort Foods Don’t Work and What Really Does
Today we are talking about how to comfort yourself without food.
So many of you think about and talk about comfort food like it’s the answer to feeling better.
The world we live in promotes this… we have tv ads on all the time that show us snuggling up in a couch eating mac and cheese or having a cup of coffee and cookies. And they sure do make it look appealing, right? If we want to feel better, we should eat these things.
And we get that idea and do it.
So, let’s look at this subject today and take it apart together, and figure out how to get the comfort you need and want. Truly.
We’ll talk about:
- What comfort is and why we seek it.
- Why eating is such a “go to” way to comfort ourselves.
- 4 steps to change your pattern of using food for comfort.
Remember, there’s no such thing as comfort food. Comfort is a feeling and feelings come from your thoughts so, let’s work on those thought patterns. Food is only good for one thing: to satisfy physical hunger. Food cannot comfort you!
Free GiftClear Your Path To Permanent Weight Loss! Download your FREE copy of my book today. I will give you 30 short, do-able lessons and worksheets that will help you close the gap between your past weight loss failures and your ultimate success. https://
Weight Loss Made Real Free Facebook GroupJoin my free Facebook group where we will talk about and learn the concepts taught on my podcasts on a deeper level. Join the group here.
The Freedom Group – Here’s How You Can Work With Me!Do you struggle to lose weight or stop eating emotionally? If you do, click here to learn how The Freedom Group can help. The Freedom Group is a comprehensive, structured coaching program with me as your coach and a group of like-minded women who will help you reach your goals. We use my unique EAT, THINK, LOVE program to help you lose weight, change how you eat, and lose the whole problem! Enrollment will be opening soon so get on the waiting list and be the first to know when we’re accepting new members. This is a monthly membership and you can stay as long as you wish. I’d love to work with you in the Freedom Group.
Podcast Study GuideThe Weight Loss Made Real Podcast Study Guide was created to support you on your weight loss journey. If you enjoy my podcast and want help taking what you hear and putting it into real life action, you’ll love this workbook! Collection 1 is all about Episodes 1 – 52, and it contains these great features:
- Easy-to-read summaries of all the main, most important concepts from each podcast episode.
- Room for you to take notes that are relevant to you and your life, right there alongside the summary notes.
- A direct link to each episode for your reference and so you can easily listen while you read the summaries.
- An action step for each episode, plus links to additional resources mentioned are embedded right into the notes so you can easily access them, if desired… and much more!