Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:03 — 21.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Have you ever faced down some food that you really wanted to eat and just gave in and ate it? Even if you weren’t hungry?
Did you know there are other options to overeating?
Yes, I’m talking about strategies for overeating. Strategies that can help you put some space in between you and the food in that all-important moment of decision.
Here they are. Taken straight from one of my most-loved worksheets, which you can get right here.
In this coaching session, here are some things you’ll learn to make better choices in that moment of decision:
- What happens to your brain when you’re in a food situation?
- How does your desire for a food in certain situations turn into a hard to break habit?
- Why it’s just SO easy to give in and eat, even if you’re not hungry.
- What the true goal is when you’re faced with an urge to eat.
- Some great techniques to use right in that dangerous moment.
- When you distract yourself in order to not eat, what is the true goal of doing this?
- What are some things you can do to use the D of Distraction?
- Why the D of Delay works, and how long you should use it for. (Hint: don’t do it for 10 minutes.)
- The third D, Distance, can give you time to access your true desires, and say no to something you only want in that moment. Know how to do this?
- The D of Download: why getting those confusing, conflicting thoughts out of your head and onto paper (or your computer) is so much better than ruminating in your mind.
- And the fifth D, Decide. Even if you do eat something you are trying not to, it’s so much better to make a clean decision than to just tumble into it by default. Learn how to decide what to do and not have it bleed into the rest of your day, as in: “Oh, I’ve already blown it; I may as well keep going.” No! You don’t have to go there!
- You’ll learn how to make the 5 D’s a part of your life, and how to remember to use them.
- And, you’ll get the worksheet I use with my private clients and my groups to help you learn and use these techniques.
Visit https://WeightLossMadeReal.com for free resources and to learn about all the ways Cookie can support your goals to end emotional eating, habitual overeating, and lose weight permanently.