Episode 22: How Fear of Deprivation Makes You Overeat and What to Do About It
Are you at risk for being at the mercy of deprivation?
Well, not real deprivation.
All it takes is you believing that not getting what you want means you are deprived.
Sorry friends, but deprivation usually only happens in your mind.
In the world we live in, it’s truly rare that you are deprived.
Listen to this episode, and here’s what you’ll learn:
- What deprivation truly is.
- Why feeling deprived leads you to overeat. A lot.
- How to say no to yourself without creating deprivation.
- What effect your thoughts have on your feelings of deprivation.
- Where do your tendencies to feel deprived come from?
- How can you lose weight and say no to yourself?
- Why it’s okay to say no sometimes.
- What does your inner teenager have to do with deprivation?
- How your parents might have set you up to revolt against ever saying no to yourself.
Join me and learn to never use deprivation as an excuse to eat food your body isn’t really asking for. And, when you break free from the deprivation mindset, you’ll find eating according to any plan much, much easier.
Free GiftMake sure you get your FREE gift, 5 Big Reasons Weight Loss is SO Hard here: https://weightlossmadereal.com/gifts
Weight Loss Made Real Free Facebook GroupJoin my free Facebook group where we will talk about and learn the concepts taught on my podcasts on a deeper level. Join the group here.
The Freedom Group – Here’s How You Can Work With Me!Do you struggle to lose weight or stop eating emotionally? If you do, click here to learn how The Freedom Group can help. The Freedom Group is a comprehensive, structured coaching program with me as your coach and a group of like-minded women who will help you reach your goals. We use my unique EAT, THINK, LOVE program to help you lose weight, change how you eat, and lose the whole problem! Enrollment will open soon, so get on the waiting list and be the first to know when we’re accepting new members. This is a monthly membership and you can stay as long as you wish. I’d love to work with you in the Freedom Group.
Podcast Study GuideThe Weight Loss Made Real Podcast Study Guide was created to support you on your weight loss journey. If you enjoy my podcast and want help taking what you hear and putting it into real life action, you’ll love this workbook! Collection 1 is all about Episodes 1 – 52, and it contains these great features:
- Easy-to-read summaries of all the main, most important concepts from each podcast episode.
- Room for you to take notes that are relevant to you and your life, right there alongside the summary notes.
- A direct link to each episode for your reference and so you can easily listen while you read the summaries.
- An action step for each episode, plus links to additional resources mentioned are embedded right into the notes so you can easily access them, if desired… and much more!