Episode 13: Understanding and Ending Your Emotional Eating
Emotional eating gets almost all of us at one time or another. It’s hard not to fall prey to feeling bad about something in your life and running for the cookies and ice cream.
But understanding how and why we created this strong connection between our emotions and our eating is the first step to separating them.
THE FREEDOM COACHING GROUP: If you’ve ever dreamed about having your own personal coach to work on your eating with you, you’re closer than you think. My coaching group is happening now! It’s super affordable, supportive, and an amazing resource if you struggle with overeating, emotional eating or binge eating. Take all you’re learning here on the podcast and go to the next level. Click here: http://weightlossmadereal.com/group to get all the details and join our group Weight Loss Made Real: The Freedom Group. Because really, isn’t freedom what we all want? I hope to see you in the group!
You don’t need to go into therapy and examine your whole life to stop eating emotionally. Awareness comes first, and then understanding.
Here’s what we will cover together today in your coaching session in Episode 13:
- Exactly what is emotional eating?
- How is physical hunger different from emotional hunger?
- Why do you eat when you’re feeling something uncomfortable?
- If it causes you to eat too much and gain weight, why don’t you just stop?
- What if you just don’t want to feel sad, or angry or lonely?
- Do you need to learn to be happy all the time to stop eating emotionally?
- How do you stop doing it?
The understanding and unraveling of this habit is doable. For you. I promise. Take 20 minutes today to learn exactly how and what to do to change your eating and your thinking.