Episode 10: Where to Start on Your Weight Loss Journey: Conquer Your Overwhelm and Perfectionism
It’s more common than you think to be filled with feelings of overwhelm when you begin an eating program. When you’re working on your body, your mind and your self-care, it may seem like there are so many moving parts to this project that it’s hard to know where to begin.
What happens then is the dreaded ‘overwhelm’, which may lead you to giving up, right at the beginning!
Another common roadblock you may encounter on the way to weight loss is perfectionism. This too can derail you completely, causing you to stop pursuing your goals. Sad, isn’t it? Especially when there’s a solution.
Make sure you get your FREE copy of my BOOK, Clearing Your Path to Permanent Weight Loss. Get it here: http://www.weightlossmadereal.com/book
Here’s what our coaching session will cover today:
- What is overwhelm and how do you create it?
- What does overwhelm lead you to do?
- How can you play an active role in feeling something much better than ‘overwhelm’?
- What is perfectionism?
- If you’ve always leaned toward perfectionism, are you doomed to keep repeating this habit?
- How do you want to feel if your goal is to do what’s right, without forcing yourself?
- Hear my own story about deprivation and perfectionism: I used to blame my hubby!
- What to put your focus on when starting any weight program.
- Why taking the tiniest steps is better than making your goals too large.
I hope you enjoy this episode!