Episode 43: Emotional Eating: Why You Need to Feel ALL Your Feelings
Are you selective about what you let yourself feel? I’m talking about your emotions.
Sad, happy, worried, angry or lonely. The good and the bad.
Do you distract yourself from an uncomfortable feeling by eating? When you do that, you avoid a feeling and add some extra pounds to your body.
Join me today in this coaching session and you’ll learn:
- What a feeling is and how it’s created.
- What your thoughts have to do with your feelings.
- Why you may have learned to avoid any negative emotion.
- And speaking of painful emotions, are they clean pain from the nature of being alive? Or are they feelings made much worse by the stories you tell yourself?
- It’s important to allow yourself to feel the natural, unavoidable pain of being alive. Here’s why.
- Do you know what happens when you avoid your negative feelings?
- And, what happens when you allow yourself to feel everything?
- And finally, how to do it. How to feel everything and survive.
Managing your emotional life is a sign of being an adult. You can do this. And when you learn to do this, there is nothing to run from, and you will lose the drive to eat when you aren’t hungry.
I will see you in the session!
THE FREEDOM COACHING GROUP: If you’ve ever dreamed about having your own personal coach to work on your eating with you, you’re closer than you think. My coaching group is happening now! It’s super affordable, supportive, and an amazing resource if you struggle with overeating, emotional eating or binge eating. Take all you’re learning here on the podcast and go to the next level. Click here: http://weightlossmadereal.com/group to get all the details and join our group Weight Loss Made Real: The Freedom Group. Because really, isn’t freedom what we all want? I hope to see you in the group!
Make sure you get your FREE copy of my BOOK, Clearing Your Path to Permanent Weight Loss, plus other gifts. Get them here: http://weightlossmadereal.com/gifts
If you are ready to take your weight loss and eating issues to the next level, it’s time to talk with me. Visit http://www.weightlossmadereal.com/talk for a free consultation with Cookie and find out if coaching is the solution to your struggle.
I always welcome your letters. You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’d so appreciate it if you would leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes at http://realweightlossrealwomen.com/itunes. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes a lot! How to rate and review on iTunes: http://realweightlossrealwomen.com/rate. Thank you and enjoy the show!