Loving yourself feels better than loathing yourself.
We’ve all heard these words.
So, what else is new?
The question is, what does self-love look like in your daily life?
Here are some examples of self-love from my own life and the lives of my friends and clients.
- When you love yourself, you listen to and honor your body. You rest when tired, you eat when hungry.
- You spend most of your connection time with people who genuinely care about you and value you.
- You always put fun things in your ‘to do’ list because you always deserve to have fun. You don’t have to earn this.
- You give yourself food that is healthy, and also delicious.
- You take the time to care for your body in ways that make you look and feel great.
- You choose to exercise in some form, because it’s a gift you give to yourself.
- You have the same compassion for yourself that you’d have for a beloved friend.
- When you don’t do something you’re trying to do, you gently look at the ‘why’ with compassion and curiosity.
- When you fail at something you’ve attempted, you simply step back and try another door. No judgments.
- When your thoughts take you to a dark place, you question these thoughts, instead of automatically believing them.
How do you love yourself?